||[Jun. 16th, 2007|03:53 pm]
things for summer. ok?|
• my mix cds (there are three of them; track listings coming soon
• red hot chili peppers- "stadium arcadium"
• west indian girl- "west indian girl" or the remixed cd, both v good
• patti smith- "horses" (listen to at like 2 AM when it is just burning in your room and you feel creative and sweaty)
• mickey avalon for you bad boys/grrrls
• knock-off ray-bans for you cute lil angelenos
• a slouchy hat
• a big straw hat, for your farmer days (or is it only me who has those?)
• a giant cotton sundress for the ladies (& the very gentle men)
look into the stores you're buying from! do they use sweatshops? how do they treat their employees (see HRC's buyer's guide)?
food (okay, sorry to my non-LA friends, x 1,000):
• fish wrap from vegan plate
• anything from zen zoo (near arclight)
• make yer own food (but make it pretty), i predict this might be the year of the chic picnic
• pinkberry for the nonvegans
• remember- veg is in
books (this is more for me than you, but please use it too!):
• sorry, tree by eileen myles
• weetzie bat by francesca lia block
• dharma punx by noah levine
• the beautiful by michelle tea (and everything else by her; everything everything)
• la dolce musto by michael musto
tv, oh man i am so sorry:
• john from cincinnati
• entourage! entourage! ENTOURAGE IS SUMMER. entourage is SEXIST PIG summer. but still.
• big love
• fuck, anything on hbo
• current tv! so addicting! and informative!
• otherwise, kill your tv. KILL IT!!
now go to the beach!
& be a conscious consumer!!